July 16, 2019
Spotlight on Our Research, Aug. 1-2
Topics for this year’s Retirement and Disability Research Consortium meeting include the opioid crisis, retirement wealth inequality over several decades, trends in Social Security’s disability program, and the impacts of payday loans, college debt, and mortgages on household finances.
Researchers from around the country will present their findings at the annual meeting in Washington, D.C. Anyone with an interest in retirement and disability policy is welcome. Registration will be open through Monday, July 29. For those unable to attend, the event will be live-streamed. The agenda lists all of the studies.
Here are a few:
- Why are 401(k)/IRA Balances Substantially Below Potential?
- The Impacts of Payday Loan Use on the Financial Well-being of OASDI and SSI Beneficiaries
- The Causes and Consequences of State Variation in Healthcare Spending for Individuals with Disabilities
- Forecasting Survival by Socioeconomic Status and Implications for Social Security Benefits
- What is the Extent of Opioid Use among Disability Applicants? …